International Youth Fellowship Uganda

International Youth Fellowship Uganda
EXCHANGE YOUR YOUTH FOR THEIR HEARTS...

Mind Education Workshop - Cavendish University

Background

It’s been almost 2 months since I came here. These days, we are so busy to move around lots of university and advertise. Whenever we go to university which we have not been, it makes me expected and excited about new students in there, new place to run mind education workshop. I;m always worried about how many people will come, whether the students will follow us well or not. But apart from my worry, Ugandan always listen to what we’re saying, show interest on us. it is very easy to be friend with them. In Uganda, I experienced many new things. Whenever I do so, I feel so thankful. I really hope my parents would visit Uganda.Where I went is Cavendish university. We knew there would be workshop in the university just 2 days ago. We had never gone to advertise there. When I entered the class, it was full of students. After the dean of the university came to know mind education,  She actively support mind education and mobilized students on their own. And even prepared venue and beverage for the attendants 

Presentations
Mr. prince the coordinator IYF acted as the M.c
As we came to the lecture room the students saw us with alot of curiosity (it has almost 2 months since I came now am used to their focus ) perfect and pamela prepared broadcasting and registration desks, beging with gracious performance video before the president. Mr. prince introduced IYF.



First at the begning it wa burden some seeing the students enjoying the performances and requesting to teach them this dance we could enjoy showcasing the performance again and again. The both dean of students affairs gave a speech and explained the importance of mind education and supported the whole idea. They really liked IYF and welcomed us


Christina / dean of student affairs Cavendish university
I thank IYF for holding this mind education workshop also we exepect to do the next traing on 19th april

KOI Muchira Tirma Professor cavendih university Vice chancellor
“though I did not come to IYF to ask for mind education but IYF came to me I call this true love” i hope students also register for all the programme after the lecture and those who didn’t come you may inform them also to attend. Also I wish all the students attend the world camp in July.

Am a mother of two children teenager, am still learning about the role of parents, I hope u teach yourself not just staying there but I want to proceed. Think about ME which we learnjnt aboput desire and self control, lets inform other student of this mid education. And share in facebook and advertise it. Am thankful for the IYF once agin see you next ime. 

Mind Lecture
The country director gave lectue. Before lecture we saw a video about the miracle of han river. He gave speech with examples from korea experience In areas of famine disease orphanhood due to war. Now Korean GDP comes to 2800 usd. But when we see the suicide rate is number one and with one of the lowest birth rate in OECD. This depicts that the Korean were not really happy as it would seem

“happiness should rise as long as one country develops why doesn’t it work? ” because as economic development human desire also rose up to the rank. Physically we became rich but unhappy. Ladies and gentlementhe importance part of car is engine but more important is breaks. We can live happy when we have bigger self control than our desire, we need education to learn the right mind to control our desire.

There was New Village Movement so we could develop as korea also now the second New Village Movement is called mind education we need it.

















During the lecture the students listening closely and gave big applause due to impression from the lecture. Also the dean and vice chancellor were together with us until the end of the lecture
After lecture we had a time for for the students to express their thought about the lecture

Gestures
After presentation there was vice chancellor speech 
We took a group photo together and they filled out the questionnaire. People who greeted us shook our hands and dring the perfomances they pushed their thumbs up. It really inspired us and opened our hearts




Responses
We learned the necessity of mind education. especially mind about challenge remained in my heart. I heard about the bed bug mentality of Juyeong about how he started the ship business. Am the one who easily gives up when things look impossible but the story taught me how to challenge. I have became adult and too ma desires have aged. I have togain power of contro, over my desire.
Steven Cavendish university second year


After I came here, I have been doing a lot of thing I’ve never done before. Advertising in university, preparing workshop and mind recreation. Ofcourse there not only happy expeiences through this work we learn a lot. So I was so thankful, I don’t want to regret for this time which will never come back
You guys feel thankful and have a happy life.



Story : Lee Hyeon Joo (GNC oversea volunteer 16th class Ugnada)
photo : Ju Seong Mo (GNC oversea volunteer 16th class uganda)
Previous
Next Post »

LATEST POSTS